|Base – Max||Stat|
|11 / 13|
|9 / 11|
|6 / 10|
|2 / 3|
|2 / 3|
|Start rank||Free points|
Not much is known about Governor Rugga’s bodyguard, including whether the man can even speak. He’s deadly with a blade and does what he’s told which is exactly what keeps him employed.
Active Ability: Run Through
- Rank 1: Run through 2 tiles
- Rank 2: Run through 3 tiles
- Rank 3: Run through 4 tiles
- This allows the Backbiter to move through both friend and foe, giving him extremely high mobility on the board.
- The Backbiter is the most useful when hunting down ranged or weakened enemies hiding in the back rows.
Passive Ability: Shield Wall
- By standing next to an ally, the raider creates a Shield Wall, raising the armor of both himself and his ally by 1.
- This bonus remains until the Raider is no longer adjacent to the ally.
- When multiple Raiders stand next to each other this effect is magnified as they grant each other their own bonus.
- Four Raiders standing in a square formation will each gain an additional 4 armor.
Caravan Presence & Story Effects
Dagr never actively joins the caravan Roster during the second part of The Banner Saga. However, depending on your choices, he might fight with your Party in one battle: At the ending of Chapter 10 the Skogr caravan arrives at Lundar finding it under assault by both Dredge and Horseborn; Rugga proposes to send Dagr together with Ludin (or Aleo, if Ludin is dead) in an attack behind the lines of the Dredge, so as to catch them between hammer and anvil.
- If you fail to live up to Rugga's 'expectations', he will betray you in the beginning of Chapter 14. In the ensuing battle, Rugga will manage to escape but Dagr will be captured and your people will demand his execution. Either you or Hakon can execute the traitor, or show him mercy. Showing him mercy and keeping him alive after Rugga's betrayal causes him to kill some of your fighters and flee once you reach Arberrang, at the end of Chapter 14. If you decide to keep him alive, he will support you in the final battle for Arberrang's gates without beeing enlisted in your combat group, but only if you chose Rugga's side.